• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland

  • According to the Constitution of the Republic of Poland from 1997, a Polish citizen cannot lose Polish citizenship, unless at own request. The loss of Polish citizenship is possible only after obtaining approval from the President of the Republic of Poland for the renunciation of Polish citizenship.


    Applicants residing abroad submit the application to the President of Poland through a Polish Consul (within the proper Consular District). After verification, the application is transferred by the Consular Section to the Ministry of Internal Affairs and subsequently to the Chancellery of the President of Poland.


    The approval for renouncing Polish citizenship by both parents is extended to children under 18 years old under their parental custody. If the other parent is not a Polish citizen, the child of the person who renounces Polish citizenship loses the citizenship automatically. However, all the necessary documents mentioned below are required. 


    The approval for renouncing Polish citizenship by only one parent is extended to children under 18 years old under his/her parental custody, if:


    - children are under his/her sole custody, or

    - the other parent declared his/her consent before the proper authority (e.g. a Consul) that children could renounce Polish citizenship, or

    - the other parent is not a Polish citizen.


    Children over 16 should express their prior consent before a proper authority (e.g. a Consul) for renunciation of Polish citizenship. 




    The applicant should submit the following documents:


    • filled in application form (SEE.FORMS TO PRINT.ATTACHMENT 4);
    • valid documents confirming Polish citizenship (valid Polish passport or an original certificate of Polish citizenship OR presidential act granting Polish citizenship OR a decision act of restoration of Polish citizenship);
    • document proving possession of another citizenship or a declaration of foreign authorities of its granting with apostille (תעודת המעידה על אזרחות ישראלית) (SEE.APOSTILLE);
    • original Polish birth certificate issued by a Polish Registry Office;
    • original Polish birth certificate of a child issued by a Polish Registry Office (if a child is included in the application);
    • original Polish marriage certificate issued by a Polish Registry Office;
    • photograph/photographs (no more than 6-months old, passport size) of the person/persons concerned in the application
    • valid Israeli or another foreign passport of the applicant;
    • consent of a minor above 16 years old included in the application.

    ATTENTION: If a minor is included in the application, the document certifying Polish citizenship of a minor (certificate of Polish citizenship or Polish passport) and Polish birth certificate are required.


    All applications and statements should be submitted in Polish, dated and signed.


    A foreign document should be translated into Polish by official translator or Polish Consul (SEE.TRANSLATION).


    Documents submitted to the Consular Section are not returned and cannot be used for any other purposes.

    Print Print Share: